Interested in learning more about the hows and whys of adopting a diaspora community? Take a look at our recommended resource list and check our blog for other ideas.
There are many areas of equipping which could be helpful to you in adopting a diaspora community. There are also many great resources available. This is by no means a comprehensive list but it will give you a good start.
- Welcome Home by Sola Babalola (link coming soon)
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby and Claude King
Sharing Christ cross-culturally
- Anthropological Insights for Missionaries by Paul Hiebert
- Cultural Intelligence by David Livermore
- Serving with Eyes Wide Open by David Livermore
Learning about backgrounds
Communicating with oral learners
(includes children & non-literate adults as well as educated professionals from oral learning cultures)
- Adopting a DC70K Community in Prayer (DOWNLOAD PDF)
- Authority Encounter by Chuck Davis
- Prayerwalking by Steve Hawthorne and Graham Kendrick
- Fellowship of Prayer Strategists
A few helpful articles…
- Many people, of all religious labels, actively believe in the spirit world. How does your good news address this?
- Finding people of peace and influence means finding potential networks along which the good news can travel.
- It may take years for seeds of the gospel to bear fruit. Here is one suggestion for measuring progress as you continue watering.